Looking through the eyes of Love

I recently came across a notepad that I had written in a few years ago. There wasn't much written in it, just a few thoughts and reflections. I may type up some of them and put them on here but the last one that I wrote stood out to me and I thought I would share it as it is a challenge for myself personally but I am also sure it is a challenge for other people too.

Here is what was written:

'When we are not motivated by love we become critical of others. We stop looking for the good in them and see only faults. Remind yourself of the command "Love your neighbor as yourself." When you begin to feel critical of someone, list their positive qualities. It is better to confront a problem in love than to gossip.'

It was an interesting reminder of how to conduct yourself, even when you find yourself struggling with particular situations or people, do not let bitterness cloud your ability to look through the eyes of love. It reminds me of Ephesians 4:2 which states 'be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.'

The real challenge lies in living it out! x

Comments

Popular Posts