A week without Christianity

I must say, I was meaning to start again on the daily blog since coming back home from Cliff, but I had the worst cold ever and couldn't really think of much to write without sounding incredibly sorry for myself! Feeling much better now so hopefully I should start writing more regularly!

A few weeks ago at church we were challenged to look at our lives and either physically act it out or just consider what would be different about our lives if we weren't Christian. What would we stop doing, what would we start doing and most importantly of all, would anyone notice?

It is a very interesting thing to consider and if I am honest by that evening I had failed any possibility of actually carrying it out for a week! Even more so by Tuesday morning when I went to the morning prayer meeting and realised if I was to act like I wasn't Christian for a week I definitely wouldn't be sat in a prayer meeting!

When I thought of some of the immediate things that would have to stop if I wasn't a Christian I came up with the obvious, I wouldn't read the Bible any more, I wouldn't go to prayer meetings or pray in general, I wouldn't go to church or music practice! These things were the main things that I could see straight away, but then I thought deeper in to it and realised that a lot more about my life would change. My personality, belief systems and morals are built so much upon my Christian faith and belief that a lot of my personality would potentially be changed if I was not a Christian. This was quite difficult for me then to imagine what my life would be like if I was not a Christian, for the thought of doing things just because I wasn't a Christian seemed wrong to me...however this was because my thoughts and personality is so based upon my faith that the idea of living a different life is very difficult.

What a strange thought....let's just say I don't think I will be changing that way any time soon! x

Comments

Popular Posts