Holiday, Holiday, Holiday Club!

These past 2 weeks have gone by so quickly but I can safely say they have been the highlight of my holiday. The first week we went as a family (Minus a sister and Plus a sister's boyfriend) to Yorkshire where we got up to all sorts, including Swimming in the sea, Climbing up some Bride stones and getting locked in a Priory! After that week away I wasn't really looking forward to the week after and all I wanted was to snuggle up in my own bed for a few days and rest but I was off again to Wolverhampton to work at a holiday clubs for a week.

This was something I had said I would do for my sister ages ago however I must admit I wasn't as enthusiastic about it however whatever I was feeling before I went was soon changed as soon as I got there! All the people I met over the week were so lovely and friendly and really gave the impression that they were happy to see you and happy for people to be involved in working at the church!

The week I had from then on was just amazing, I had a small group of children and they were such lovely children and they kept saying how much fun it was! And to top it all off one of the girls in my group asked to join the Sunday School and also start a relationship with God! It was truly wonderful!

It was such a lovely week that it made leaving them all yesterday really hard. I didn't want to come home! Although it is nice being back home and seeing my parents and sleeping in my own bed again, I do really miss everyone I met there still! It was such a loving church and really emphasised what the church should be about. So often these days people go to churches and don't feel welcomed at all. If the church is about winning souls for the Kingdom, how on earth do they expect to do it by not making people feel welcome? I guess it is something to think about. How do you change an unwelcoming church into a church that is burning with Passion for the love of God which is so evident through their hospitality and willingness to help people.

I am so sad this week is over but I have to keep reminding myself of the quote:
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened"....
Now time to look forward to what God has in store next! x

Comments

Popular Posts