Sun sun sun

The weather has been soooo sunny and hot these past few weeks I have not wanted to spend long inside and on my laptop! Instead I have been outside for most of the day then on the occasional evening when it has cooled down enough, I have gone on a walk around Henbury. It's a beautiful walk and when the sun is just setting it casts a lovely golden glow onto everything. 

The only thing that is missing is a beach!!! This weather realllyyy makes me want to go to the sea side and spend the day walking along the sand and having the sea wash against my feet. I guess I will just have to wait until next week when I am away! Also, although I love the sun I think now, after 2 or so weeks without any sign of rain, I am getting those autumnal cravings where all I want is for the trees to change to red and gold, and the air to get the first chill and the smell of smoke in the air! I guess I will have to wait a few more months until that happens though...

I am currently baking because it's my mum's birthday tomorrow so she needs a cake! :D Not sure I will go for the rainbow cake that I did for my dad though...may just stick to a nice tasty traditional Victoria sponge?

Looking forward to going away on holiday next week, then a holiday club afterwards! The schools have only just broken up but I feel like my holidays are coming to an end! Crazy times! x

Comments

Popular Posts