My Mum

So today is Mother's Day and I must say after spending the majority of the day in a car I do feel a little bad that I was only able to ring my own mum up this evening to wish her a happy day! (Not to mention the card didn't arrive on time, oh bother!) So I thought I would write this post to say how much my mum means to me as I don't say it enough! Although everything I say her could also apply to my dad I will address it to mum as it's Mother's Day :) (I will make sure to write on on Father's day too!!!!)

My mum is truly inspirational! I am thankful that she, along with my dad, was and is always there to make time for me. I am thankful that she made sure I was fed and clean and well looked after. I am thankful that she is always there to encourage me in anything I try. That she taught me how to bake and  knit and let me use her sewing machine when I wanted to learn how to sew.

I am thankful that she always puts her family first above her own needs. That she makes sure the house is clean and comfy and that even though I could/can hardly ever keep my room tidy she would always give me a kiss goodnight and make sure I was comfortably tucked in.

I am thankful that we can get excited about little details and pretty things together. I am thankful that she knows how excited I get about Christmas so will leave the decorating of the house until I come home for my holiday. I am thankful that even though we were just in our late teens/twenties she still took the effort to hide eggs around the house and garden at Easter because we really wanted an Easter egg hunt that year!

I am thankful for her work ethic. For the valuable lesson of don't buying what you can't afford and if you want something work and save up, then buy it! For that passion she has in her job, for making every single child who comes across her path feel valued and wanted. For instilling in me strong core values of honesty, respect and hard work. For the inspiration of standing up against injustice.

I am so incredibly thankful for the strong Christian faith which she has demonstrated through all aspects of her life. In her work, home life and marriage to Dad. I am so thankful that there were times when decisions were made for the benefit of mine and my sisters' faith were made even if it meant that for a time they had to put their own needs aside. I am thankful that they led us down that path but never once forced it upon us, rather demonstrated how it was right and gave us space to make that choice for ourselves. Oh yes, for that strong faith I am so very thankful!

The list is endless as the more I write, the more things I think of! But I will stop for now and just say Happy Mother's Day Mum! I am sorry I can't be there to look after you while you are feeling ill and make your day just that little bit more special! I love you so much and thank you for being the best mum I could have ever wished for! x

Comments

Popular Posts