Summer Goals

It seems so long since I last got chance to actually sit down and spend some time thinking about what to write for my blog! The past couple of weeks have been incredibly hectic with final deadlines and then Cliff Festival at the end of April. After what seemed like a very long term (ignoring the Easter Hols...) I am finally sitting on my bed enjoying my summer holiday!

I have told myself that I am going to be a lot more productive than I was last summer and have set myself 3 goals.

Goal 1: Get a summer job- So I did intend to do this last year as well but alas my enjoyment of being able to do nothing was too much and that plan failed. This year however I am already one step ahead and have handed out my CV to a couple of places and also have another place in mind that I could try out...all that is left to do really is wait and see if I am contacted by any of them....

Goal 2: Get back into shape! So food at Cliff is not exactly the most productive in terms of maintaining a nice figure and a healthy, balanced diet. Adding on to that the fact that exercise at Cliff is somewhat lacking in my daily routine. So I've been home just over a week and have already been back to Zumba and my meals are a lot healthier than they have been the past few months. With a little bit of determination and a good bit of effort put in on my part I will soon be back to where I want to be!

Goal 3: Become more spiritually disciplined. This is something I have intended to start for a long time and each time I have tried it's worked for a short time but then I have an off day or something happens and suddenly my routine is abandoned and I end up back where I started! a year and a half ago I made a resolution to read the Bible every day and up until this date I have succeeded however I got to the point when I needed something more, all I was doing was reading a chapter a day before I went to sleep and that was it. So as part of my summer goals I set my mind to it and started a daily devotion each morning. I am still in the early stages but already there is a common theme that has been brought up from them and that is one of perseverance. I am reminded of my past attempts and also my failing and I feel God speaking to me, telling me that this time I must persevere. There will always be times when events disrupt my routine but if I persevere through it all I will inevitably come out the other side with a closer relationship with God and also be more prepared to face whatever life brings my way!

So...here's to a great summer and hopefully by the end I can look back and say I have reached all three of my goals! x

Comments

Popular Posts