In The Chaos

These past few weeks I have been incredibly busy with lectures, meetings and social events! It has been pretty hectic to say the least and I have found it quite difficult to just take time out from everything that's going on and to just be still and relax. 

I wouldn't say I have felt overwhelmed by it all but it has definitely gotten to the point where I have noticed the need to take time to just stop. There is a song that I have been listening to recently which speaks about a time where there is so much going on that we forget so often to just stop and be with God. Although I haven't yet got to the point of needing to return to God I have realised that if I do not make time for God in my daily routine, amid all the chaos of my work and responsibilities, I will very soon be lost in the darkness and the storm. 

Fortunately by the Grace of God I have not reached this point and been able to stop myself and correct myself just in time. The song's chorus says:
In thechaos of the storm
I have drifted far; far away
But I call out your name
'Cause you are just a breath
A breath away

Then through the shadows
Your light appears
I've known you're with me
But now it is clear
I can feel you
Jesus All around

it's so amazing to think that even if we feel like we are in the middle of a never ending storm, God is just a breath away from you! Even through the darkest storm cloud the light of Christ is bursting through! Amazing!

We all go through storms in our lives, some more intense than others, some caused just by the business of our week. So long as we remember that God is never more than a breath away, ready to shine through those storm clouds, there is no sea so deep that we will drown! x


Comments

Popular Posts